On Monday, 1 June 2015 at 07:19:28 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
In one sense this can be solved at the distribution level. If dub was provided through your package manager, the package maintainers can ensure that dub was configured to understand where all system sources are located
(or will be located).

Can all of dubs default settings be dumped to json and be overriden?

The way I do it right now is simply adding -I/usr/include/dlang -I/usr/include/dlang/<compiler> to dmd.conf / ldc.conf / patch GDC in a similar way.

And surely if dub would ever attempt to write anything in /usr on its own I will simply throw it away from Arch packages.