On Monday, 8 June 2015 at 22:17:34 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 6/8/15 12:48 PM, Paulo Pinto wrote:

I see a problem that having those features in C++ will reduce the desire
from companies to adopt D.

At very least they should acknowledge all of you guys for the ideas.

As I said at DConf, D is the N word of C++. It's actually comical to watch the lengths at which some folks in the community go to not mention D.

Anyhow, C++ playing catch up means we're doing the right things and they shoot where we were a while ago. I hope the next thing for us is Design by Introspection, which is going to knock the socks off everyone.

Andrei

This compile-time duck-typing thing does ring like something from the future, and it is interestingly different from C++'s concepts / Rust traits / Haskell typeclasses. It's gonna be useful whenever one wants to write a good abstraction for X (which is super hard).