On Thursday, 11 June 2015 at 13:05:14 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
On Thursday, 11 June 2015 at 12:42:36 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
People are not abandoning Dart because shows any signs of being a dead or a bad language, they do it because they don't trust Google.

My experience is many believe in corporate backing. Is it just PR?

I don't know, but I think so. Lack of stability in Google forward looking statements causing trust issues? It would probably be different if Google offered support contracts.

I also suspect that Google projects are perceived as being too big to be taken over by an open source community, thus a move to github can be viewed as an long term attempt to ditch the project while saving face.

I don't think the idea that "open source means nobody can take it away from us" is something people believe in now that there are so many open source projects.