On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 20:31:08 UTC, Jeremy Powers wrote:
Well I don't like assertions either, for specifically that reason. An error is an error, I don't want something to be caught and handled in debug to then be ignored and explode on release. If my release isn't checking for it, and subsequently fails, this is now a bug in release that was not in debug.

That code can still be versioned for debug and won't make it into release and behavior will differ, there is a lot of ways to screw up, you should consider what you do.