On Mon 13/07/2015 06:29, ChangLong wrote:
On Sunday, 12 July 2015 at 12:14:31 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
-snip-
What do you think about the future for D in the web service space?

I has use vibe.d for a small project recently,  after finish that I
think the follow fact will
prevent many programmers use vibe.d in commercial projects:

1) Lack of successful open source project for real product
2) Multi thread performance is poor, scalability is not suit for big
project
3) No Inversion of Control (aka: Dependency Injection) Concept
4) No mature ORM/ODM components
5) No Form/Validator/Translation/Locale Components
6) No modernize framework

Some company has successful story in D use no-GC solution, for example:
Sociomantic,  Hedge Fund by Andy Smith,  weka.io...  And they all are
close source.

There are thousands of web projects in development every day,  D is not
use as development languages mainly because D is not ready yet.

2) I have zero experience with going beyond one thread, but as far as I understand it multi-threading is not how vibe is supposed to scale. Start up another instance will you!

3) It has been work-in-progress for some time now:
http://vibed.org/features#load-balancing
Not sure what the status of this is though.

4) Dunno about that..

5) Well, there is this:
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/blob/master/source/vibe/utils/validation.d
and:
http://vibed.org/docs#web-localization

6) What is that?

In my experience, vibe.d is a beautiful alternative to node.js and it is not the immaturity of D that is holding it back, vibe.d just needs to grow a bit.