At the first D meetup in the Silicon Valley, Vic (an accomplished
entrepreneur who has been following up D'd path) discussed some ideas
for improving D's adoption. He mentioned some other languages have
improved adoption by means of a strong application (e.g. Rails for Ruby)
and suggested we make vibe.d, which is one of D's most compelling
publicly available applications, more prominent among D's toolchain. He
mentioned that many folks start with the high-level need ("I need a web
framework") and accept the language as an artifact.

Rails is not shipped with ruby.

That doesn't dilute my point. -- Andrei