On Friday, 22 January 2016 at 18:28:31 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
If you need an IDE to work comfortably in a language, something has clearly gone wrong.

In the case of Python what was wrong is that it accepts both tabs and spaces for indentation. It should have required either tabs or spaces. So you basically need a good editor to makes sure that you don't have to deal with that problem.

As far as legibility it is the same for me. It took a lot of time for me to get used to "{" instead of "BEGIN". It took a similar amount of time to get used to Python's indentation. So I'd blame that on conditioning (what we are used to).