On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 20:26:12 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:
What about an alternative allocator? Specifically I'm thinking in C's equivalent which is alloca (allocates directly on the stack with the rest of the variables). If the constructor is a function then that won't work; but if it's inlined then it should work.

I have been wondering about how allocators could help to deal with these problems. Could you put forward a minimal example of how you would see it working?

I suppose the alternate is an option to skip/throw away some numbers that should've been consumed (assuming you want to keep using the same seed), or seeding each per use.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean here or why you think this would work? Could you give a concrete example?