On Thursday, 28 January 2016 at 22:30:51 UTC, nbro wrote:
I have loved C++ when I first started learning it a pair of years ago (then I stopped for some time for some work reasons), and quite recently I have discovered D, which seems apparently a better language from the design point of view, especially in supporting OO design and modularisation, maybe I am just wrong since I know just a little of D so far, but I really had some problems just in setting up a simple OO project, i.e. importing classes, there are .h and .cpp files, etc, which only make everything confusing and make you learn stupid things instead of being productive. D also seems to have a cleaner syntax in general. C++ is becoming more and more a mess because they keep introducing new functionalities to make C++ compete with new languages, and I'm starting hating it. Languages should not just be powerful but simple enough to be productive.

[...]

This article on Quora is illuminating: https://www.quora.com/Which-language-has-the-brightest-future-in-replacement-of-C-between-D-Go-and-Rust-And-Why/answer/Andrei-Alexandrescu

The Reddit thread from which I had come across the above article: https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/3sa6lf/d_has_no_vision_go_is_out_of_its_depth_rust/