On Sunday, 7 February 2016 at 21:59:00 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Dpaste currently does not expire pastes by default. I was thinking it would be nice if it saved them in the Wayback Machine such that they are archived redundantly.

I'm not sure what's the way to do it - probably linking the newly-generated paste URLs from a page that the Wayback Machine already knows of.

I just saved this by hand: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/2012caf872ec (when the WM does not see a link that is search for, it offers the option to archive it) obtaining https://web.archive.org/web/20160207215546/http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/2012caf872ec.

Thoughts?

Andrei

I'm not sure if the wayback machine should be used for version control, if you want to keep a history of your past I suggest using a gist.github.com.

I view the wayback machine as a view for what the web used to look like not necessarily what information was in it.