On Monday, 8 February 2016 at 20:02:41 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:

I'm not sure if the wayback machine should be used for version control, if you want to keep a history of your past I suggest using a gist.github.com.

I view the wayback machine as a view for what the web used to look like not necessarily what information was in it.

I'm pretty sure that's Andrei's thought, too. It's a pastebin; people use it to make web links to pasted things. If it were to disappear, a lot of links would break very permanently because Heritrix has no way to index and crawl the site.

-Wyatt