On Thursday, 21 April 2016 at 22:37:06 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 4/20/2016 12:53 AM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
Is there a official presentation template for Dconf 2016? If not it would be greate if someone could create one. Many programmers (me included) are not good with picking colors and thus presentations usually don't look as good as they
could.

I found this book helpful:

  http://www.amazon.com/dp/0071636080

once you get past the click-baity title. It's well worth the $2.50 investment, and a quick read. Even if you only get one good idea out of it, it's worth while.

I haven't decided on what my presentation will look like yet, but I'll be roughly following the tips here: https://zachholman.com/posts/slide-design-for-developers/ It isn't perfectly applicable to a completely-technical presentation, but the general tips are quite useful (large fonts, easy-to-parse layout, and supporting the presentation rather than _being_ the presentation).