That's kind of scary. It's one of those things you don't think about
happening -- like what if you weren't home if this happened.

Could have been a lot worse.

Yeah, I consider myself very lucky, as I leave the machine on all the time. I was sitting next to it when it burst into flame, and cutting the power put it out. In the future I plan on cutting the time for it to go into hibernation. Fortunately it's a metal case that doesn't burn, but I'm still thinking about bending some tin to act as baffles over the vents, and setting it on a metal plate.