On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 at 11:28:41 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 7/11/2016 11:24 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
I put my computer into sleep mode when I'm not using it for a longer period of time. It seems to shutdown everything but keeps some power to
keep the data in RAM alive. So it turn back on instantly.

I still have a lingering reluctance to do that, because it wasn't until quite recently that the machines would function properly when woken up.

Windows 7 still randomly forgets about its shares when it wakes up.

Yep. Sleep mode always causes trouble (not only on Windows).