On 7/12/2016 3:08 AM, Michael wrote:
Maybe it's time to invest in some "workstation" / server-grade stuff if
it's going to be running continuously with little moving air.

There's still a case fan, cpu fan, and power supply fan, just not one dedicated to the card itself. The fire didn't start on the components that were attached to the heat sink.

I've run all sorts of computers for 40 years now, have had all sorts of hardware failures, and this is the first one that caught fire.

The server hardware I've seen all had very noisy fans. I couldn't bear that.