On Monday, 12 September 2016 at 14:12:35 UTC, Manu wrote:
Note also that I didn't do any YUV formats (this case you discuss is usually related to older broadcast formats)... didn't know if they'd be particularly useful to people. At least, it's not in my initial offering.

As someone who had to write lots of code involving such video color spaces, I'd say to don't bother. - Video engineers will write their own highly-optimized version anyway, - Dynamic range is indeed very often 16-235 / 16-240 but often with no meta-date allowing to know if this is the case,
- you often don't want clamping on each intermediate results