On Friday, 16 September 2016 at 18:44:06 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

What surprises me most is how low D interest in Silicon Valley is. Yes, there are companies in Silicon Valley that use D but the presence is much weaker than I expect.

Ali

I talked to my system programming buddies on the West Coast, they are either sticking with C++ or jumping on the Go or Rust hype trains.

I'm more of a scripting/.NET guy in DFW with little C++ experience, but I'm find D to be enjoyable so far. Any D user groups in the area have been dead for a year or two, as far as I can tell. Dallas area is corporate program driven so it's mostly .NET and Java with a few game studios as outliers.