On Friday, 16 September 2016 at 18:44:06 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 09/16/2016 04:34 AM, Chris wrote:
I've noticed that there is a lot of enthusiasm for D in France, Germany and Russia (alphabetic order) where it is also used for production. I see there's a company in Belarus that uses D, and D is also used in
Italy, Austria and the Czech Republic. Where else is D used for
production? I for my part can add Ireland to the list.

Weka.IO is in Tel Aviv, Israel.

What surprises me most is how low D interest in Silicon Valley is. Yes, there are companies in Silicon Valley that use D but the presence is much weaker than I expect.

Ali

I don't think it's all that surprising that Rust and Go are far more popular than D there, considering they're backed by Mozilla and Google. In a way it's a metaphor for Silicon Valley as a whole; it's not about what you can do, but who has the most friends.