We have growing ndslice [std 1, Mir 2] and upcoming color.
Relja Ljubobratovic working on Computer Vision Library for Dlang
- DCV . Major image processing algorithms was added by Henry
Gouk and Dmitry Olshansky. Also, I help with optimization
suggestions and new utilities from Mir . Mir will be extended
with machine learning models for DCV after Mir GLAS release.
Currently color channels in DCV are represented just like one
dimension. This is simple representation, but algorithms can be
improved both with code readability and speed with color.
ndslices like`Slice!(2, RGB8*)` are good but they are not always
optimal for image processing and computer vision algorithms
- they do not allow vectorization for algorithms, which work with
- they are not cache friendly. Because average image size varies
like CPU cache sizes, cache friendly channel splitting maybe very
`image` proposed  to be a module for:
- Split types like `RGBSlice!(N, ubyte*)`, which contains 3
`Slice!(N, ubyte*)` packed into single slice using
assumeSameStructure[std 6, Mir 7], one per channel. This packed
representation is friendly for CPU registers.
- Lazy conversions between images with split and packed
channels. This can be done in single template.
- Vectorised conversions (if possible) between images with split
channels. Can be implemented without vectorization for first
See_also: Image loading/saving for D by lgvz