On 10/14/2016 08:12 AM, Johan Engelen wrote:
On Friday, 14 October 2016 at 11:53:55 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

Any of these present in existing implementations?

Perhaps not clear, but my point that the functions should _not do
anything_ is important: it is trivial to define default implementations
for the functions, without requiring any compiler support. It's just a
hint, after all.

I was suggesting we find artifacts that exist and map them in runtime, instead of first choosing the name "hints" and then racking our brain on what those could be :o). -- Andrei