On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 at 03:17:02 UTC, Jacob wrote:

1. The vast, vast majority of problems attributed to collaboration software are actually the fault of a lack of communication skills. This situation is no different. Changing the software will not fix any problems in organization or curation. Most the features you call useless are not useless in of themselves, but are "useless" because people don't use them.

99% of all collaboration could be done in excel if you have good communication skills.

2. We don't have the manpower to have a completely curated system. Any energy spent curating would be better spent fixing bugs.

3. It serves its purpose well in that very bad bugs that are reported with detail are fixed quickly.

4. Many people follow the bug feed on the forum, so a bug is almost always looked at at least once. Most bugs are usually considered not very high in priority, and so it's up to the volunteers to come in and fix them. Core team members are focused on regressions, new issues, and really bad bugs. Most of them don't have time for enhancements.

5. If you see an issue that doesn't have enough detail to be fixed, then close it.

6. No one is stopping you from putting together a better idea. I look forward to your DIP on the subject.