On Monday, 14 November 2016 at 13:44:29 UTC, Patrick Schluter wrote:

That's a true issue imho also. I had the same problem. Both my machine at work and at home have their windows system partition on a smallish SSD. Installing Visual Studio failed because of lack of space. Even installing it on another drive fails because even in that case the Microsofties want to install gigabytes of stuff on the system drive. Extremely annoying when you only want to install an otherwise extremely lean development tool (dmd) to test 100 liners.

Same here. Last week I tried to install dmd on Windows only to learn that there was not enough space for Visual Studio.