On Tuesday, 15 November 2016 at 16:36:00 UTC, unDEFER wrote:
The parent thread has the next code to receive it and handle:
receiveTimeout( dur!"hnsecs"(1),
                (Tid tid)
                {//the message from child thread handler} );

I just have to wonder every time I look at this... how long is 1 hnsecs? I'd assume not very long. Either blocking unless there's no more messages, or having a longer timeout period seems a better bet.

 Might make it 1-5ms.
  • Re: sen... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d
    • Re... unDEFER via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: sen... unDEFER via Digitalmars-d
    • Re... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d
      • ... unDEFER via Digitalmars-d
        • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d
          • ... unDEFER via Digitalmars-d
          • ... unDEFER via Digitalmars-d
            • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: sen... unDEFER via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: sen... Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d
    • Re... unDEFER via Digitalmars-d
      • ... Anonymouse via Digitalmars-d
        • ... unDEFER via Digitalmars-d
          • ... Is it possible to store different generic types? via Digitalmars-d