On Wednesday, 14 December 2016 at 19:39:55 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 12/14/2016 02:04 PM, Meta wrote:
On Wednesday, 14 December 2016 at 17:32:10 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
What about:

    /* Showing full declaration just for context */
    bool myFunc(R1, R2)(R1 r1, R2 r2)
    import {
        std.range : isInputRange,
        std.traits : isNum = isNumeric
    }
    if (isInputRange!R1 && isInputRange!R2 &&
        isNum!(ElementType!R1))
    in { assert(someCondition!R1); }
    out(result) { assert(result == expectedResult(...)); }
    body
    {

The fact that declarations like this WILL show up in Phobos or elsewhere if this proposal is implemented triggers my gag reflex. There's got to be a better way than tacking yet another pre-ambulatory clause to the
function body.

What I see here is a function definition that has:

* parameters and return types
* dependencies on other modules
* the static condition under which arguments are acceptable
* the dynamic condition under which arguments are acceptable
* the guarantee made upon successful completion
* the implementation

... each of which is:

* easily distinguishable
* opt-in

Andrei

Don't forget "looks awful and cluttered as hell".