On Friday, 16 December 2016 at 07:15:51 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/15/2016 9:07 AM, Dominikus Dittes Scherkl wrote:
So, I no longer propose to change nothing except the internal compiler behaviour. Now I propose to additionally change the .di-file generation to also add all local imports to the start of the declaration file, so that having this file
gives ALL dependencies of the declared stuff.

That will subtly change the behavior of overloads across module lookups.

Hm. Maybe if the .di-file would be used for code generation. But does that make sense? A .di-file is delivered together with an already compiled library to provide the sources of templates AND to show up all dependencies of the library, no? Both for the interested reader and the compiler. And the actual .di-files doesn't do that correct.