On Friday, 28 April 2017 at 17:48:47 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Friday, 28 April 2017 at 17:42:18 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
I'm hoping to put all information in one place. Then when someone on Reddit or HN or here starts making claims about the GC, I can give them one link that shows all of their options.

That's nice. Just get your hopes up for it having an effect.

Typo, I meant "don't"... Sloppy of me. Documentation is nice, but:

1. People will complain that it isn't possible.

2. When possible people will complain that it isn't in the standard library.

3. When in "std" people will complain that not enough libraries use it.

4. When libraries use it people will complain that it doesn't work with older libs.

5. When older libs have been rewritten to support it they will complain that it is better in Rust and C++ and not compatible with Rust and C++.

Anyway, my main point is that programmers coming from such languages will most certainly complain if it isn't in the standard library because of interoperability between libraries, but that is basically just the bottom of the hill that you have to climb to get to a level where people stop complaining.