On 9/4/2017 10:54 AM, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
That said, I don't know if the Oracle v. Google case and its precedent that APIs are copyrightable impact this common understanding. After all, it was commonly understood prior to that case that that copyright applies to implementations, not interfaces. Now that the court has established the opposite, does the same hold true for licensing? I don't know of any legal cases that have decided either way.

If APIs do not have copyright protections, then licensing rules do not apply.

It looks like we need to get permission from 17 developers - all x11 binding contributors.

Additionally, contributors to Deimos/libX11

[...]
WalterBright

Of course I grant mine.