On Friday, 20 October 2017 at 20:11:46 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
On Friday, 20 October 2017 at 19:54:09 UTC, user1234 wrote:
On Friday, 20 October 2017 at 18:11:50 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
[...] The elvis operator, while trivial and
unnecessary, would be easy to implement correctly and give
a nice little PR boost to show that we care about the people
talking about it.

If you go by there, the safe navigation operator would probably even easier to implement than the elvis one.

How about somebody implements the functionality, such as with what H.S. Teoh describes, and gets it added into phobos, maybe std.typecons b/c that's where nullable is?

No. Because of completion. Completion has to work after "?.", it's a postfix like the "." for aggregate members.

I can already tell that i wouldn't widely use a library solution.