On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 at 08:33:20 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 at 04:35:04 UTC, IM wrote:
[...]

This is something that has gone in fits and starts over the years because of a lack of dedicated manpower, but the pace has been gradually to picking up. As of recently, I'm working on several tasks in this direction, big and small, with the support of the D Foundation. For example, we now have a D Language Foundation channel on youtube [1] where I'm currently in the process of collecting DConf videos that are scattered around different sites and accounts (working on 2014 first, since several of the video links on that edition of dconf.org were broken). It's not ready for announcement yet, but I hope to be there by the end of the year. There are a number of other things I'm looking at that have tended to slip through the cracks because they've been overlooked or no one has stepped in to do them.

[...]

Since Mike started the official D blog last summer, downloads of the reference compiler are up 90%:

http://erdani.com/d/downloads.daily.png

I don't think that's a coincidence and attribute a significant chunk of that to his efforts and those who wrote posts, which is why I suggested starting an official blog years ago.