On Thursday, 28 December 2017 at 15:54:03 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 01:22:13PM +0000, Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Thursday, 28 December 2017 at 07:21:28 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/27/2017 1:23 PM, Atila Neves wrote:
> > However, my experience has been that D has fast builds > > from scratch, but is really really slow for incremental > > builds. > You can do fast incremental builds with D by not putting all > the files on the command line. Just put one.

I don't build the compiler command-line myself, nor do I want to. Even then, recompiling one file isn't useful to me, what is is to recompile what's needed and run the tests.
[...]

Isn't that what a build system is for?

Yes, and I wrote one. It turns out that I misunderstood what Walter said though.

Atila