On 1/31/18 5:35 AM, Benny wrote:

Auto generated libraries where all functions are dumped into massive one pagers.

https://dlang.org/phobos/std_datetime_date.html

Is this readable when the first two pages are this:

jan
feb
mar
apr
may
jun
jul
aug
sep
oct
nov
dec
sun
mon
tue
wed
thu
fri
sat

Const "jump to" lists intermixed between the documentation.

No clear function calls:

const pure nothrow @nogc @property @safe ubyte daysInMonth();

Const
Pure
nothrow
@nogc
@property
@safe
ubyte ...

and FINALLY the actual function call your looking for: daysInMonth();

This is an issue that was recently introduced. Until dconf2017 (May of last year), all of std.datetime was in one file.

But while the code was split into logical units, the documentation was not. Unfortunately, it needs a lot of attention to make sure the docs are written to cater to the new split design.

And please ... do like always, cut my post into small parts and start criticizing and attacking the author that he needs to "put more effort into it or pay". Or some other bullshit. And then complain how people troll the forum because they complain and not do anything to solve it. Tired of reading the same rhetoric as are the people who think posts like this are troll posts.

We are always here to help with issues in D, and constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated! But I don't know how to help you with the "D sucks, everyone should use some other language" issue. It's not part of my knowledgebase.

-Steve