On Friday, 2 February 2018 at 08:21:33 UTC, Martin Tschierschke wrote:
On Thursday, 1 February 2018 at 22:38:36 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 2/1/2018 3:11 AM, Martin Tschierschke wrote:
Idea: There should be some kind of news ticker for all enhancements and important decisions, maybe at first just via twitter  with a special #tag beside #dlang where all updates are announced. And a place on the homepage, where this feed is displayed separately.

It's already there on the right side of https://dlang.org/

with a special #tag  beside #dlang
The focus was on a feed with _two_ tags #dlang and #dfoundation for example.

In the feed on the homepage everything is mixed up and I am feeling a lot information about progress - made in the background - is missing.

Maybe there should be a blog post, with some kind of status report every .. weeks or .. month? Telling more about the focus of the D foundation, statistics of downloads, number of fixed bugs, partly similar to Adams week in D but more official. I think the content of such a post may find its way into more mainstream IT magazines, if marked as official d foundation press release even more.

The best status report I've met is definitely the FreeBSD quarterly status report:

https://www.freebsd.org/news/status/status.html

I suggest to take a look at that, as an inspiration.... and yes, a quarterly report is enough.

/Paolo