On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 22:38:23 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

Proposal: unittests should only be compiled if the module it's found in is being compiled (i.e., among the modules listed on the command-line), even with -unittest.

if I'm using a 3rd party library, why should I care to run *their* unittests? I'm only interested in testing my own code.

What do you think?

Currently being discussed in another thread, but that's an emphatic "YES, definitely". I proposed that awhile back and there was a bunch of hemming and hawing and ultimately nothing, but I really hope something will come of it this time.