On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 23:54:29 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran wrote:
Sorry if I'm hurting someone's sentiment, but is it just me who is seeing so much negative trend in the D forum about D itself? I don't remember seeing so much negative about Rust on rust forum and so on. Do you think it will help in reminding people not to post any negative things? It shouldn't become strict moderation, but at the same time, I really don't like seeing so much negative trend. I would even go to the extent and suggest to email Walter/Andrei in person (even if they don't agree) to vent your frustration with D, but please don't post it on the forum.

I think the thing is that the main D newsgroup has always felt like a bunch of people arguing over how to make D better, and that's kind of what it's always been, new ideas and directions are discussed in here by the main devs. Do Go and Rust have similar user groups, or do they do all that kind of stuff behind closed doors and then dictate from the top of a tower?

Arguing, friction, grumbling, it's all a symptom of Ds open volunteer based development process IMO.