On Thursday, 15 February 2018 at 17:54:57 UTC, John Gabriele wrote:
Are any other languages using Guix for their 3rd-party online package repo? If not, why?

GNU Guile ;).

That's excellent. I remember years ago it looked like there was action in getting a Guile package repo going but it never panned out. Glad they found (and settled on) something! (Though <https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/libraries/> doesn't say anything about Guix, and I don't see anything about Guix in the [Guile manual](https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/master/guile.html/)).

The Guile maintainers effectively use Guix for handling the build chain and dependencies. See Andy Wingo's blog https://wingolog.org/ - section 'getting the goods' he discusses Guile packaging and Guix. Andy is the main compiler writer of Guile. The following is a bit out of date, but you get the idea

https://wingolog.org/archives/2015/08/04/developing-v8-with-guix.

I'd love to see an overview article explaining how the pieces would fit together. Would Guix work with Dub? If so, what specifically (on GNU/Linux) would be required to make that happen, and what would using such a solution look like in practice?

I need to write a BLOG. After the Python one.

I don't yet know enough about D and Dub to even know what giving Guix a shot would mean :). I'm on Debian and so use apt for installing software. I'll have to spend some time with the Guix (and Dub) docs.

I meant you can try Guix anyway. It will be a gain. I run Guix on top of Debian myself. I am a real Debian fan - using Debian more than 15 years. But when it comes to my development environment and my software deployment I use Guix. Debian can not handle that well enough.