On Saturday, 17 February 2018 at 22:11:28 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
On Wednesday, 14 February 2018 at 18:33:23 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
@timotheecour and I came up with a solution to a common problem:

How to represent multiple files in a forum post?

Oh, I thought it already was a standard, but [.har](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.har) is JSON based and very different, so the name is already taken.

Have you done some proper research for existing standards?
There is a 50 year old technique to use ASCII file separators (https://stackoverflow.com/a/18782271/2371032). Sure we can find some existing ones. We recently wondered how gcc/llvm test codegen, at least in gcc or gdb I've seen a custom test case format.

Those seem to be binary control characters, they also don't allow you to specify the filename...how does that solve the problem of being able to represent multiple files in a forum post?

If there is an existing standard that's great, I wasn't able to find one. If you find one let me know.