On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 at 10:15:13 UTC, Zoadian wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 at 00:53:16 UTC, psychoticRabbit wrote:
It should have gone to the Java developers - cause they deserved it.

C++ is the worst thing to have ever come out of computer science!

yes c++ is not the greatest language (thats why i use D). but java is the worst language i've ever used.

My least preferredlanguage of all times would be Perl. With (PHP 5.3) coming in at a close second :)

Perl is just... I get it, you can write somewhat nicer bash scripts in the language. But people... they just go with it and build these huge crazy systems that somehow 10+ years later become my problem. The designer of Perl was clearly insane. Let's store everything in fun global "invisible" variables, functions don't specify arguments... And lets have the first letter of the variable define how/what $, @, %, with fun auto conversions everywhere :D.

PHP is better but there is some really weird stuff in it. Of the top of my head is the auto type conversion system. This works, by design...

//PHP
$a = 5;
$b = $a * "10 trains";
echo $b; //$b is now 50... Fun and interesting stuff right there

Compared to them, programming in C++ or Java for that matter is like a dream. But when I can, I always use D. Mainly because unlike every other language, it has static introspection, ctfe and mixins. A whole new world of expressive power is gained by this. Only thing missing is the ability to do arbitrary system calls during compilation :D