On Monday, 12 March 2018 at 18:04:07 UTC, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
On 12/03/18 16:31, Simen Kjærås wrote:
The main idea behind rvalue types and their name, is that they are types that can only ever be rvalues, not by convention, but through the type system.

How do you prevent creating a named instance of them using either auto or ReturnType!func ?

You create a new language feature that explicitly forbids this. I'm not saying this is possible in the language now, I'm saying it's a thought that I've entertained for a while and wonder if it would be a reasonable addition to the language.

--
  Simen