On 27.03.2018 20:14, Manu wrote:
That's exactly what I've been saying. For like, 9 years..
It looks like this:
https://github.com/TurkeyMan/DIPs/blob/ref_args/DIPs/DIP1xxx-rval_to_ref.md
  (contribution appreciated)

As far as I can tell, it's completely benign, it just eliminates the
annoying edge cases when interacting with functions that take
arguments by ref. There's no spill-over affect anywhere that I'm aware
of, and if you can find a single wart, I definitely want to know about
it.

???

I've asked so many times for a technical destruction, nobody will
present any opposition that is anything other than a rejection *in
principle*. This is a holy war, not a technical one.

That's extremely unfair. It is just a bad idea to overload D const for this purpose. Remove the "const" requirement and I'm on board.