On Sunday, 1 April 2018 at 10:49:22 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
On Sunday, 1 April 2018 at 10:04:04 UTC, Johannes Loher wrote:
This seems really sudden, april fool's joke? Not really sure, as there are real problems with this(this)...

What I was wondering too. I mean, breaking changes just don't happen to this language. Now there will be, without even an indication of how existing code would have to be rewritten, or how this large-scale breakage is different than the breakages that just can't happen because reasons. I guess that's why there's always the disclaimer, "We'll only break code if there's a really good reason." That reason is "in case we want to".

Nothing has been lay out yet and people are already freaking out. No wonder nothing gets done anymore.