On Monday, 2 April 2018 at 16:00:11 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
On Monday, 2 April 2018 at 15:30:23 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:

Andrei wrote in the message

I am looking for folks to assist me in creating a DIP for that.
There will be a _lot_ of work involved, so don't take it lightly.

Andrei is asking others to write a DIP to formalize a decision

<snip>

There's not even an attempt made to pretend there's symmetry. The only way for Manu (and basically anyone else) to propose a change is to write a DIP. Andrei won't even participate in discussions without a DIP. That's probably a good idea. What's not a good idea is to make unilateral decisions about major breaking changes, posting in the forum, and then asking others to write the DIP. That's corporate software development, and it's very discouraging to potential contributors.

I think you are plain wrong on this: the 'P' in a DIP stands for Proposal, so any decision is not taken yet. And I'll bet:

- Andrei will be the main author or he will partecipate in the writing. - the DIP will follow the usual proceeding, exactly like the others.

/Paolo