On Wednesday, 11 April 2018 at 17:58:25 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Sunday, April 08, 2018 13:00:02 bauss via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]

I don't know. It could be argued either way. I think that the logic as to why

[...]

The thing is, it makes no sense why it shouldn't be legal since you can just cast to the base type, by that alone you're escaping the restriction that it's supposed to have.

And it really goes against that private is module level.

If it was module level then you should be able to access the member regardless of the reference to it.