On Friday, 13 April 2018 at 18:04:38 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
Error: symbol "__module_config_foo" needed by main.o is not defined

The linker error isn't great, but it prevents potential runtime errors. Also, if you use the compiler instead of the linker you'll get a nice error message.

dmd foo.o main.o

Error: main.o expected module foo to be compiled without -version=FatFoo but foo.o was compiled with it

The issue I have here is that Main doesn't need to be compiled with the versions defined by its dependents.

So if someone defines a version list in their dub.sdl then all those versions need to be defined in my dub.sdl when in reality I don't care and just want to link to the library with those versions defined.