On Monday, 16 April 2018 at 03:42:18 UTC, Jordan Wilson wrote:
On Sunday, 15 April 2018 at 22:55:41 UTC, Giles Bathgate wrote:
On Sunday, 15 April 2018 at 22:52:47 UTC, Giles Bathgate wrote:
I am proposing a new function called getOrAdd in

I posted details of the PR here because at least 2 people do not like the name getOrAdd (and one of those people being myself)

Time for a bikeshed discussion...

I think Adding a Yes.add flag to the existing get makes sense, but property functions only have max 2 args.

Soooo...getOrAdd or getOrSet would be my pick.

Jordan

I'm opposed to flags. I hate the whole "yes" "no" thing when it comes to such things, just like the "true" "false"... It's a no go for me.

A function name that fits would be perfect in my opinion.