On Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 07:53:36 UTC, aliak wrote:
On Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 06:34:35 UTC, KingJoffrey wrote:
On Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 06:17:51 UTC, Uknown wrote:
Also, if you want the rust style `private`, D offers `package`, which means private to the modules contained by a package.

Thanks for clarifying this.

I did not read the rust spec :p, but from the conversations above I believe rust private is not D package. Rust private is private in the module, package in D is all modules in a package. D would be:

module mod;
private: // put this at top of file and everything below it is not private

public void f () {} // explicitly request this one to be public

Just checked the rust spec [0]. private in rust => accessible from that module and its descendants, which is what package in D is. private in D would be to that module only.

[0]: https://doc.rust-lang.org/beta/reference/visibility-and-privacy.html