On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 02:18:15 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 01:07:28 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:

But what bothers me the most...

Something else that rubs me the wrong way is that DIP 1000 is currently in a status of `DRAFT`: https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/README.md

What the heck is going on here? We're adding features to the compiler and modifying Phobos in production releases based on a `DRAFT` proposal?

No, it's behind a flag, so you can't really say that we're shipping it as "production ready release". In fact I think we should have a hell of a lot more of such experimental flags. This would allow us to be able to merge things quickly, and gain real-world feedback and testing on complicated matters instead of PRs stalling to death in the queue.

For reference, Rust has currently 148 opt-in experimental language features:

https://doc.rust-lang.org/unstable-book/index.html