On Friday, 24 August 2018 at 06:41:35 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:

One idea is we could add this template to `object.d`. This would allow it to be used from any module that uses druntime without having to import it first. The template itself is also very friendly to "bloat" because it only has a single input parameter which is just a string, extremely easy to memoize. Also, unless it is instantiated, adding it to object.d will have virtually no overhead (just a few AST nodes which would dwarfed by what's already in object.d). It would also be very easy to add, a single PR with 4 lines of code to druntime and we're done.

I don't know. It's not a bad idea, but I don't consider it a major enabler either. It's easy enough to just cut and paste it to one's arsenal, though I understand the inconvenience of having to maintain it in multiple projects.

One thing to consider is `from` is a *very* general word, and if it's placed in object.d it might cause naming conflicts. I'd like the name to be more specific, but I know how such naming discussions tend to go.

Mike