On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 11:59:37 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
Just found by chance, if someone is interested [1] [2].

/Paolo

[1] https://gitlab.com/mihails.strasuns/blog/blob/master/articles/on_leaving_d.md [2] https://blog.mist.global/articles/My_concerns_about_D_programming_language.html

I find Dicebot's article resonates quite strongly with me. I have been using D for hobby projects (i.e. not a lot of code) for about 3 years. During that time I found a handful of compiler bugs. An average programmer like me shouldn't be able to find bugs in the compiler so frequently.

And there are other problems, like language features interact weirdly, unhelpful/misleading error messages. All of this really gives me an impression that D is an immature language.

I think this is a pretty big problem, and I think it has not been given enough attention (never appeared in bold in the vision documents), probably until now.

So what if, we just forget about @safe, @nogc, and stuff like that for while, do a feature freeze and try our best to fix all the bugs, and rough corners?