On Friday, 24 August 2018 at 17:12:53 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
This is probably completely unrealistic, but I've been thinking about the possibility of adding *all* D codebases to the CI infrastructure, including personal projects and what-not.

You mean more than what's already covered by the project tester?

https://ci.dlang.io/blue/organizations/jenkins/dlang-org%2Fci/detail/master/159/pipeline/

Anyone can add their project:

https://github.com/dlang/ci/blob/38f10275e56b046acad1b9a9b4ecc8bd771e096d/vars/runPipeline.groovy#L457

Some issues for why we can't add *all* D codebases:

- We also care about generated code, not just whether it compiles; that means, running the project's tests. However, some tests are flaky (they access network resources or have race conditions).

- When we want to deprecate language/library features, they need to be removed from tested code. That means that the project author/maintainer needs to be in the loop and update their code when we "break it on purpose".

- Some code or tests are just outright broken, i.e. depending on undefined behavior, like order of iteration of associative arrays. (Guilty of that one!)