On Monday, 10 September 2018 at 14:00:43 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
On 10 September 2018 at 15:43, Joakim via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:
LDC recently added a linux/AArch64 CI for both its main branches and 64-bit ARM, ie AArch64, builds have been put out for both linux and Android. It does not seem that many are paying attention to this sea change that is going on with computing though, so let me lay out some evidence.

I've just got back from a conference where AArch64 was declared a disaster

Why?

and the future is now PPC64 and RISC-V.

If you're not joking, it still stands that AArch64 is the _present_, as the currently most widely-deployed CPU arch used for personal computing, ie in mobile devices.

Those other two arches are a joke right now, but you never know in the future. ARM was a joke compared to Intel a couple decades ago too. ;)